Wednesday, March 05, 2008



Some of my favorite things to knit are baby sweaters. They're so fun! You can do goofy stuff with them; things that you wouldn't usually use for an adult sweater. For example, I made a 'bumblebee' sweater for a cousin of mine a few years ago (I think he's three or four by now).

And, I made another cardigan for a different cousin who had a baby the summer before last. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of it before I sent it off, but it was very cool: crazy intricate fair isle in LEGO colors with little green turtle buttons... It took me most of the summer.


So, the reason for all this talk of baby knits is that my lab manager is expecting in May. Unfortunately, may in central Illinois is not a time for sweaters. Alas... So, instead, I've made her a new teddy bear, with a sweater of its own. I like how he's kind of smirking; it makes me smile.


Also, I've decided to use this pattern for my green yarn. I just hope it's not too difficult for my first try at lace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that shawl with that lace yarn.... *whimpers* Did you start it yet? Didya, didya?!